IMPORTANT NOTICE FOR GE SMART DISPENSE MACHINE USERS
If you own a GE Smart Dispense Machine and use the smart dispense function AND currently use Cascade® Complete Gel, please read the following instructions carefully to ensure that your machine continues to run smoothly. If you are using Cascade Complete Gel, you MUST follow this procedure BEFORE you change from the phosphate-containing to the phosphate-free version of Cascade Complete Gel to avoid potential clogging in your machine's smart dispense function. Please be sure assured that this issue does not affect your regular cleaning using the manual detergent dispenser.
1. Once the "Low Detergent" light comes on at your unit and your detergent tank contains "Cascade Complete" Gel detergent, DO NOT refill the bottle with the phosphate-free version of Cascade Complete Gel detergent.
2. Stop relying on the automatic liquid detergent dispenser for your detergent needs and start using the manual detergent dispenser by filling it with the detergent of your choice (any detergent type is OK to use, such as liquid, powder or pacs/tablets).
3. Run 10 cycles as you normally would, using the manual detergent dispenser for your detergent needs, and keep ignoring the "Low Detergent" light. This will take a few days, depending on your dishwashing habits. The detergent tank inside your unit will contain very little detergent after these 10 cycles.
4. After the 10 cycles, add a measuring cup (between 8 and 10 oz) of water to the detergent tank. Do NOT add more than 10 oz or less than 8 oz.
5. Run 10 more cycles, as you did in step 3 - while still using the manual detergent dispenser for your detergent needs. The water inside the detergent tank will dissolve whatever gel detergent was left and will help wash out the old detergent.
6. After running the 10 cycles with the water in your detergent tank, your tank should be empty and clean of any phosphate-containing Cascade Complete Gel detergent.
7. Right before you decide to wash your next load of dishes, refill your detergent tank with new phosphate-free Cascade Complete Gel, and then immediately run your regular wash cycle. This will help purge any leftover phosphate-containing Cascade Complete Gel detergent from your pump lines.
8. At this point, your dishwasher will be ready for regular use - including the automatic liquid detergent dispenser. You may discontinue using the manual detergent dispenser.
GE and P&G are working closely together to ensure that your GE dishwasher's smart dispense function continues to run smoothly.
If you have any questions, please call 1-800-626-2005 (GE Answer Center®), Monday - Friday: 8 a.m. - 10 p.m. ET; Saturday: 8 a.m. - 7 p.m. ET; Closed Sunday.